Sign up for advising:
- During advanced registration
- If you have changed your major
- If you are having academic difficulty
- If you have a quick question/need a document signed
Sign up for advising with an advisor listed below. No walk-ins.
Main Department Location: Public Policy Building, Room 252
Students who would like to change a major to the Health Administration & Policy Program must fill out the major declaration form, located on the Registrar’s website or on the HAPP bulletin board outside of PUP 221, and meet with Debbie Sanford, the Advising Coordinator, prior to returning the form to the Registrar’s office. Once a student has officially changed to a HAPP major, he/she will be assigned to a faculty/staff advisor and will receive updates relevant to the major via email.
To determine who your advisor is or for general information on the Health Administration Policy Program, please contact Eun Lee, 410-455-3979, firstname.lastname@example.org. Not affiliated with UMBC yet? Please call Ms. Lee and your inquiry will be forwarded to the most appropriate person to handle it.
At any point in the semester students can email their advisor directly or arrange a meeting to discuss questions about the major or their academic plan. Contact information for Department advisors is listed below.
Advanced Registration Advising
The Department and University send important email communication regarding advanced registration advising each semester. This includes the date/time at which students can begin registration and notifications of advanced registration appointments. It is important to read such correspondence, as the instructions can directly impact your ability to register for classes.
Students must meet with their advisor each semester during advanced registration (October/November and March/April) to review their progress toward fulfilling major and university requirements. Students will not be able to register for classes until they have met with an advisor and he/she has authorized the student to register. HAPP majors with another primary major are still strongly encouraged to meet each semester with their HAPP advisor.
All current students have an assigned faculty/staff advisor. Sign up for advising with YOUR advisor below using the scheduling link or email the advisor directly if no link is provided. No walk-ins.
- Scheduling link for: Debbie Sanford, Advising Coordinator, email@example.com 410-455-3711, PUP 221
- Scheduling link for: Dr. Luis Pinet-Peralta, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 410-455-3817, PUP 222 (Evaluate your appointment)
- Scheduling link for: Katie Birger, Lecturer/Retention Specialist, email@example.com 410-455-2080, PUP 220
- Dr. Andrea Kalfoglou, Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org , 410-455-2061, PUP 212
- Dr. Mary Stuart, Professor, email@example.com, 410-455-2084, PUP 219
- Dr. Jamie Trevitt, Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-455-2079, PUP 223
- Ms. Meryl Damasiewicz, Lecturer, email@example.com , 410-455-2060, PUP 251
Completion of the Health Administration and Policy Program
requires careful coordination of Track selection with
internship placement. Additionally, differences in future
career plans for graduate education or immediate
post-baccalaureate employment are important influences
on his or her overall academic program and course
selections. With these considerations in mind, early
and continuous contact should be established with
a program advisor.