Effective for students who start at UMBC Spring 2017 and later OR current students who change their major to HAPP on or after January 1st, 2017.
- Students who want to change their major to HAPP must meet with an advisor for a signature and have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- HAPP students are required to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA from time of declaration to graduation.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5+ required to enroll in HAPP 300 and HAPP 470.
- All coursework towards the HAPP major must be passed with a C or better.
Students prior to January 1, 2017:
Prior to Spring 2017 students must have a GPA of a 2.5 or above in order to complete the HAPP internship.
• Students requesting to be HAPP majors must meet with a HAPP advisor regarding entry into the program.
• Students may set up an appointment to meet with an advisor to get declaration of major form signed. No walk-ins accepted.
• Any student who has been dismissed in any way from the institution due to academic misconduct is not permitted to continue in the Health Administration and Policy program. Re-admission petitions will not be considered.