“Go Above and Beyond!”
Do you or someone you know want to get more involved in you major but don’t know how??
Well, now is your chance to *SHINE*!
Officer nominations for the 2013-2014 HAPP Council of Majors is now open!
- You may nominate yourself OR another student OR……BOTH!
- Feel free to nominate multiple candidates but please only provide ONE entry per nominee (ie: if you want to nominate Johnny, you don’t have to get your entire group of friends to nominate him, only one will do!)
- To be nominated, you must have HAPP declared as your major
- If you decide to nominate yourself, please fill out the nomination form and email it to HAPPadvisor@umbc.edu. You may also include a resume and recommendation, however these are optional.
- If you are nominated by another student, you will be contacted by HAPPadvisor@umbc.edu, in which we will ask you to fill out the nomination form and return it to HAPPadvisor@umbc.edu if you are interested in the position.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITIONS:
**Note that all changes/actions made by ALL positions must be run by the advisor
PRESIDENT: Delegates duties/tasks, serves as liaison between other student groups, plans/organizes meetings, oks any changes made to the organization.
VICE PRESIDENT: Assists the President, can serve as substitute for President when necessary.
SECRETARY: *Must attend all meetings* Takes notes at meetings, sends out notes and documents to interested students and club members, keeps and organizes any documents.
TREASURER: *Must attend Treasurer training through SGA* Responsible for applying for funding, manages receipts, any purchasing is ok’d by treasurer first.
PUBLIC RELATIONS CHAIR: Is the “face” of HAPPCOM, in charge of social media, creates ads/fliers/brochures for HAPPCOM events, posts/emails info on HAPPCOM events, responsible for spreading HAPPCOM-related news.